These are ridiculously easy and delicious! An excellent breakfast for first timers or handy on-the-go snack (no mess!) for hungry older babies. Feel free to experiment with adding different combinations of fruit, spices and ground nuts. Mixed fruit and cinnamon is a good one, but this recipe uses fresh raspberries and ground almonds.
100ml whole milk
About 8 Raspberries
Two tsps ground almonds
Egg free/Wheat free
Less than ten minutes
1) Make a small batch of porridge using whole milk or your babies usual milk and oats. It needs to be thicker than you would usually serve, but loose enough to spoon.
2) Mash in raspberries and add a spoonful of ground almonds.
3) Heat a little oil in a frying pan.
4) Using a tablespoon, dollop the porridge into the hot pan quickly, making several ‘blobs’ (they won’t look like pancakes yet!). Leave the blobs cook for about thirty seconds.
5) Flip the pancake and squash with the back of the spatula to make a pancake.
6) Cook for another 30-60 seconds. If either side is still looking glossy or pale, cook for a little longer until they are a matte golden brown.
7) Serve with fresh fruit and/or yoghurt or just as they are!
Find more Baby Led Kitchen recipes on the Website, Facebook or follow on Instagram